The Best Creamed Corn Recipe
I have been making this creamed corn for years now and get addicted everytime I do. It’s that good! It tastes nothing like what you find in a can…yuck.
And it is super-easy to make. All you need is:
- 1 (10 oz.) pack frozen corn, thawed (It’s ok to use canned corn, too)
- 1/2 C. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 tsp. pepper (or to taste)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 C. whole milk (2% works fine)
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/8 C. shredded Parmesan cheese
The more fresh items you use, the better the taste will be.
- Over medium heat, add the butter, corn, cream, sugar, salt and pepper in a skillet.
- Whisk together the milk and flour then stir it into the skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened and the corn is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from heat and add the Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Serve immediately.
This serves approximately 4 people. The recipe can be easily doubled.
Original recipe from All Recipes. Photo is my own.