2018 New Year Resolutions
Every year I write these out on my blog so that I have a place to look back at them and remind myself of my goals and to see the progress I am making.
A lot of my resolutions are actually goals, but behind those goals are the actual things I want to resolve whether it’s to not procrastinate, etc.
Here are my 2017 Resolutions and whether or not I achieved them:
- Breathe and let go of any thoughts that do not serve to build me up or grow me in any way. – I definitely worked on this. I think that I was able to stay more focused on what was important to me.
- Only invest my time in people who reciprocate the same. I will not chase after people anymore. If they don’t care to be a regular part of my life, then our relationship will be very simple and cordial. – I would almost say that I did this 100%. I have learned to let go of relationships that aren’t genuine.
- Focus on building myself up mentally, physically and spiritually. Get healthy in every way. – Well…I do feel mentally and spiritually stronger. I feel like I was better able to deal with things this year.
- Indulge in any passion that I may have. – Yes. I can’t list any specifics, but I definitely gave my all to things that I enjoy.
- Build a career or find one. – I actually developed my shop more with certain products that helped me out financially, but this year I am going to devote my focus on what will last.
- Regularly contribute to A Coastal Cottage and Modern Day Moms. – In order for me to build A Coastal Cottage, I realized that I had to step away from Modern Day Moms. I may post from time-to-time, but I really have to dedicate myself to my own venture in order to be successful.
- Be the best friend and mother I can be. Aidan does not need to grow up developing my negative habits and traits. He needs a mother who shows she can handle herself through anything. He needs strength and guidance, not someone who appears out of control or disorganized. Don’t be the friend who is a nuisance or always has problems to discuss. Show love and support and focus on talking positively. Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. – I can say that I made gains in this area, especially as a mother. I have gotten to a point that Aidan and I talk about it and he helps me when I slip.
- Read more. Spend my free time divulging in good books! – This did not happen aside from reading new recipes from recipe books. I actually looked at new books recently, so I will get back to it eventually.
- Go on adventures and have lots of family time. – Family is everything to me and being together and having a good time is best for all of us. Aidan especially needs to see that his parents can be friends and get along.
- Cook more homemade foods. Find new recipes. Eat better. Drink more water and ditch the damned soda! – Absolutely! I can’t even begin to tell you how many new recipes I made this year. One of my favorites is the Creamy Garlic Tuscan Shrimp. Italian Baked Eggs is another.
- Get my butt in shape, once and for all. My life depends on it! And I’m not getting any younger. I need to develop healthy habits for my body. – I did manage to get back to my pre-Aidan weight. I still need to lose around 10 more. I still have my terrible soda habit and it’s worse than ever. I’ll keep trying, though.
- Continue to donate to brain cancer research every year. Please consider doing the same. This foundation was set up in memory of someone very dear to my heart: 11:11 Foundation in Memory of Frank Kane – Always.
- Most importantly: forgive and fall in love with myself. – It’s still a work in progress, but I definitely don’t blame myself for anything anymore. I accept that I am human and make bad choices and mistakes at times. All I can do is continue to acknowledge when I do and improve upon myself day-by-day. I have definitely put my happiness above all else.
This year, I think I am going to simplify this list because that is my motto for this year:
I will always do the basics for my health and happiness, so things like exercise more and eat better will always be goals. I don’t feel the need to list the obvious and the ones on repeat.
- Continue to build my blog. Add content regularly on the blog and all social media and begin reaching out to companies.
- Stop procrastinating and stay on top of what is important.
- Remodel the kitchen.
- Pay down debts and build savings.
- Remember to regularly take me time.
- De-clutter and get rid of excess decor.
- Try one new activity.
- Do more road trips. Travel to Miami and other bigger cities.
That’s it! As you can see, I am focusing on things that will keep me busy and feed my soul. I want to be successful in all areas of my life and I can’t if I am not up and at it.
Thank you guys for following along and showing your support. As a lot of you have requested, I will make sure to do regular shopping trips in my Instagram stories (which will automatically post to my FB stories).